Mainframe Computer Definition
Today we will learn about the mainframe computer. What is a mainframe computer, what does it work. Computers are part of our lives in today’s era. In today’s world, no work can be done without a computer. If we have to use any technology in large numbers, then we need a mainframe computer.
There are different types of computers. Such as 1) Supercomputer 2) Mainframe Computer 3) Mini Computer 4) Microcomputer Every computer works according to their program.
What is a Mainframe
what’s this we hear about mainframe
- mainframe are in essence centralize, business computers
- They have been around since the 50s, but have constantly innovated
- designed to process large numbers of business records and business transactions
- They are not designed for client computing experience
- store the most important business and government data
- cost many millions apiece and kept out of eye-sight of the public for security reasons
What are they useful for?
- BANKING =
- E-COMMERCE BUSINESS
- HEALTH AGENCY
- POLICY AGENCY
- RETAIL SECTOR
Every year the need of this computer seems to be big, big company or whatever is the big industry.
Money transaction or debit credit management is a complex problem in the banking sector.
But this computer handles it easily as it flows.
E-kar website or business mainframe is used in these business
Quick message payment gateway or keeping the complete data of the customer has to be very fast, so these computers are used.
You know this computer also uses military
For example, our country’s security data is used in the use of satellite security devices. This process is very fast and safe.
It is use by big banks, big websites which conduct payment transactions.
The company that makes computers like these is IMB